Don’t have EQ7? Win one!
This block design challenge is open to everyone! All you have to do is design a block using fabrics from Michael Miller’s Fiesta collection and submit it by Wednesday, March 11th!
Design a block using whatever method you’d like and color it with Fiesta fabrics. (Draw and color it on graph paper, design it using other software, etc.) You may also use 1 solid color if you’d like.
Submit an image/photo of your block using the Link Up feature at the bottom of this blog post.
(One entry per person.)
Create your block in EQ7 and color it with Fiesta fabrics using the free download below. You may also use 1 solid color if you’d like. Export a JPEG of your block and submit it using the Link Up feature at the bottom of this blog post.
(One entry per person.)
Submitting Your Block
You may submit a photo or image of your block whenever you’d like using the Link Up at the bottom of this blog post.
The challenge will close Wednesday, March 11th at 9am EST.
Winners will be announced Friday, March 13th.
Here’s how to create an image of your block if you are using EQ7:
(If you are not using EQ7 and need help submitting, simply take photo of your design and upload it.)
- With your block design on the Block Worktable, click FILE > Export Image.
- In the Export Image box, next to Save in, navigate to the folder where you’d like to save the image. Next to File Name, type a name for your file. For Save as type, choose JPEG files.
- In the Export Image File of Block box, input these settings:
Dimensions: type in the width and height you used to design the block
Resolution: 150 dots per inch
UNcheck Outline patches and Outline blocks
JPEG Quality: 100
- Click OK.
There will be two winners: One from the EQ7 submissions and one from the non-EQ7 submissions.
The EQ7 block design winner will receive an EQ Prize pack of their choice, a 10-yard bundle of Fiesta fabrics and coordinating Cotton Couture Fabrics and a Cotton Couture color ring from Michael Miller Fabrics!
- EQ Prize Pack: EQ with Me book of choice, package of EQ Printables Quilter’s Newsprint and Foundation Sheets and a $25 coupon to www.ElectricQuilt.com.
- EQ Digital Prize Pack: $75 coupon for any digital (downloadable) products at www.ElectricQuilt.com.
The non-EQ7 block design winner will receive the Electric Quilt 7 design software (available for PC or Mac), a 10-yard bundle of Fiesta fabrics and coordinating Cotton Couture Fabrics and a Cotton Couture color ring from Michael Miller Fabrics!
Start designing now. Two weeks will go by fast!
Feel free to comment below if you have any questions.