Can you believe it’s already December?! As the year comes to an end, December’s Fabric of the Month is Forest Chatter by Maywood Studio! This stunning collection was created with care specially by the Maywood Studio team:
“Every image and shape used in Forest Chatter was drawn, carved, and printed by hand. A forest filled with activity emerged as we filled the wall in our design studio with prints We collaborated as a team to sketch, stamp, and get our hands dirty. Our creativity came together to bring you Forest Chatter, the newest Workshop collection.”
A bundle of these fabrics will be given away to one lucky winner! Submit your EQ design featuring Forest Chatter below…all instructions and contest details are in this post. Good luck!
In order to enter for the giveaway you must submit a quilt using the current Fabric of the Month AND comment on at least one other person’s quilt you like by the end of the month. If you’re the first person to submit a quilt, make sure to come back and comment on someone else’s quilt before the contest ends. Instructions for how to submit an image are at the bottom of this post. Download this month’s Fabric of the Month: Forest Chatter by Maywood Studio.
Note: The Forest Chatter collection contains two panels (not included in the download). It is NOT required that you use the panels in your design, but if you’d like to, you can save the panel image below to your computer (right-click on the image and choose Save Image As – remember where you save it!). After saving the image to your computer, import it into EQ. We have a sample lesson for doing this in EQ8 here.
- Your EQ Quilt must be your original design and only use fabrics from this month’s Fabric of the Month.
- One quilt submission per person. (If a second entry is submitted within 24 hours of the original entry, we will accept the more recent entry. For example, if you submit an incomplete quilt, or the wrong quilt from your sketchbook, you can correct it and submit again within 24 hours.)
- Participants must use EQ8, EQ7, or EQStitch to design their original quilt.
- Your quilt design and your comment on someone else’s quilt must be submitted by 11:59pm ET on last day of month.
One lucky winner will receive a fat quarter bundle of the Forest Chatter fabrics, plus a special stamped gift using the original stamps from the Maywood Studio team! The winner will also be selected by Maywood Studio, who will ship the prize worldwide! Good luck to all participants, we can’t wait to see your entries!
We often get requests for the EQ project files or patterns submitted to these design challenges. If you are open to sharing/selling your design, include your email address or website link in your comment so others can contact you!
Note: Replying to someone’s comment below does not alert them in any way so they’d have to know to come back to this blog post to look at other comments. Since not everyone does that, we hope some EQ users will provide their contact information if they are open to sharing/selling their designs. We will not share anyone’s information.
How to submit an image of your quilt design from EQ8:
- On the Quilt Worktable, click the PRINT & EXPORT tab.
- Click Export in the ribbon.
- In the palette on the left, click Image.
- Type a name for your image, choose PNG or JPG as the file type and click the Save button. (Make sure you know where you’re saving the image on your computer. We recommend saving to your My EQ8 > Images folder.)
- We recommend setting the Resolution setting to 150. Quilt and patch lines are optional.
- In the comment form below, tell us a little bit about your design. Then click Browse to include the image of your quilt.
- Select your quilt, then click Submit Comment.
More chances to win these fabrics!
We are very excited to partner with the Quilts of Valor Foundation® for a new blog series! Read our introductory post to learn how you can join the fun and support this wonderful cause.