- Click QUILT > New Quilt > Vertical Strip (or Horizontal Strip).
- Click the Layout tab then click the Add or Delete button until you have the (uneven) number of strips you want.
- Under Select strip style: Alternate between Diamonds and Half Drop Diamonds styles. Click strip 1, make it Diamonds style. Click strip 2, make it Half Drop Diamonds style. Click strip 3, make it Diamonds style, and so on.
- Under Number of blocks: choose the number of squares you want along the strip.
- Under Strip size: choose the width you want.
For Length: multiply width x number of blocks. This ensures your blocks are squares.
Strip width: 6”
Number of blocks: 5
Strip length: 6” x 5 blocks = 30”
- Click the Layer 1 tab when you’re ready to set blocks or color into your layout.