Every month we're giving away a prize on our blog. ENTER NOW!
Win Prizes from Handi Quilter!
Enter now >>
Contest closes Tuesday, October 25th at 9am Eastern time.
Club leader Barb Vlack challenges you to: Let’s build up the User Library!
October 2016 Challenge
“We can never have too many blocks. Submit two copyright free blocks, ones you designed, that are not presently in the EQ Block Library or in any EQ product. You may demonstrate how to use them in a quilt, but you don’t have to. Submitting the two blocks will be terrific. Any kind of block is eligible. Please put a note on the Notecard to identify you as the designer and tell us something about why you designed this particular block.”
Preparing your project files:
- Open the project file.
- Delete all quilts except the 1 or 2 you plan to post to ClubEQ.
- Click File > Compress Project File Size to remove any unused fabrics or blocks.
- (For EQStitch users only) Click File > Export Project as PJ7 file.
Preparing your images for web:
- Open the EQ project file from above.
- Edit quilt 1 to the Quilt worktable.
- Click File > Export Image.
- Choose a file type (JPG or PNG recommended).
- Give your image a name.
- Click Save.
- Leave the quilt size as is. Resolution can be 150dpi.
- Click OK.
- (Optional) Repeat for quilt 2, if you have one.
Posting to ClubEQ:
Please do not submit any copyrighted work that should not be shared.
- Enter your name.
- Enter your email address (this must be a valid email address so we can send you the secret link for access to this month’s project files).
- Enter your website URL (if applicable). This will be posted with your quilt image.
- Give your quilt a name.
- Choose the quilt 1 image file.
- Choose the project file as prepared above.
- Write something about your quilt. Consider the notecard your “quilt label.” This label will be seen by many! If the design you are submitting has appeared elsewhere and/or is not of your own creation, please acknowledge where the design came from and/or the original designer. If it is an original design, please mention that.
- Submit (be patient, this may take a while).
- (Optional) Repeat these steps to submit your quilt 2 image. You can upload the same project file as you did for quilt 1, we will remove the duplicates.
What you will receive after the challenge:
After the challenge closes at the end of the month, we will send an email to give you the “secret link” to the download page so you can access all the project files for this month.
You can submit quilts to previous challenges, however if you submit after the end of the month, you will not receive the “secret link” download page.
*Note: Since almost all participants use EQ7, those using EQ6 will have their submissions displayed on the website, but will not receive many projects to download after the challenge is over. EQ7 files cannot be opened in EQ6.
Thanks for participating!