To make your t-shirt quilt, you’ll want to set up a Custom Set quilt.
- Quilt > New Quilt > Custom Set.
- Set up your snap grid to snap at every 1”. By default it’s set to snap at every 1/8”.
Click Quilt > Quilt Worktable Options.
- Under Snap Settings, change to 1” Click OK.
- Click the Layout tab at the bottom of the screen to set your quilt dimensions.
- Click the Layer 1 tab to set your blocks.
- Click the Set Block tool on the right.
- In the palette, right-click and choose Add Plain Block.
This will give you something to work with as you build your quilt. You can replace these plain blocks with your t-shirt photos later.
- In the palette, click and drag the plain block to the worktable. It will set as a square.
- Click the Adjust tool on the right
- Click the block to move/resize it.
- Use the Graph Pad (bar below the toolbar) to change the dimensions of the block. Move your block into place.
Continue to add more plain blocks, resize and move into place. You can copy and paste blocks if you have similar sizes. You’ll be using the Adjust tool for the most part.
- Once you get your layout all set, then you can import your photos of your t-shirts.
- Use the Set Photo tool to view the t-shirts in the palette. Select a shirt image and click on a plain block space in the quilt. The t-shirt photo will replace the plain block with the photo.