EQ Mini Quilt Design software is designed specifically for the beginning quilt designer. With EQ Mini, you can create stunning, gorgeous quilts quickly, in an easy to learn, step by step process. In just a few minutes, you can design a quilt, add fabrics or colors, and print out the image, get free fabric calculations and even templates, foundation piecing or rotary cutting information.
If you have been designing quilts with pencil and paper, have a really old version of Electric Quilt and want to get started again, or simply are have a budding interest in Quilt design, then EQ Mini is the software for you. EQ Mini is a scaled down version of EQ 7 quilt design software with a work flow just for BEGINNERS. It introduces you to all of the parts of quilt design in an easy to follow, step by step process. When you have mastered the basics of the EQ Mini software, you can easily add components or upgrade to EQ7 to continue learning and designing.
Step 1 – Choose your layout style. Choices are Horizontal , On-Point, Horizontal Strip or Vertical Strip.
Step 2 – Update your layout with the number of blocks, the size of the blocks and whether you want sashing.
Step 3 – Edit Borders with the number of borders, the size of the border, and border style.
Step 4 – Design the quilt by dragging and dropping blocks, rotating blocks. Here you can try adding different colors or fabrics to the quilt.
Don’t worry, you can go back to any tab and make changes until you have the quilt design you like. You can try out different blocks, play with the designs and try different fabrics and colors to your hearts content.
EQ Mini includes all of these great features:
- 300 built in blocks in many styles and genres including traditional pieced, paper pieced, applique and more
- Easily add sashings and borders
- 3500 scanned fabrics built in(Add more with free fabric downloads and purchased stash downloads available from Electric Quilt)
- Design quilts with four available layout styles, horizontal, on-point, horizontal strip and vertical strip). You can choose the number of blocks, block sizes and overall quilt size with your tools.
- Create borders with 8 different creative border styles to make the quilt truly your own.
- Built-in tools are very robust and allow you to rotate blocks, flip blocks and create symmetry combinations.
- You can even export a jpg image of your design
What are you waiting for? Get those creative juices flowing and start designing your dream quilts today. The EQ Mini software is available for immediate download so you can get started right away.
There are loads of tutorials, lessons, frequently asked questions and a support center all available for you. The software product support is second to none and the staff is so helpful and responsive, you will be in good hands.
For more information about EQ Mini, visit the product page HERE.
I welcome your ideas, questions and feedback in the comments. Thanks!
Lori J. Miller lives in Troy, Michigan, where she designs, stitches and sews quilts and quilty things. She loves experimenting with fun colors and designs to make playful and clever products for the modern stitcher. Sewing since age 11, Lori has deep roots in sewing and quilting traditions that add a unique dimension to her designs. She loves designing using Electric Quilt 7, Electric Quilt Mini and EQ Stitch. You can follow her quilting adventures on her blog at lorimillerdesigns.com or on instagram @lorimillerdesigns