This is a quilt I designed as a block-of-the-month program. Some of the blocks are traditional, some I updated, and some are original. For all of them, I designed them to be sewn with quick and easy piecing techniques. I even use the tri-recs rulers backward for one of the blocks.
My friend Lorraine test-sewed the pattern for me using fall-colored batiks but in a green palette. My favorite color is orange, so I used mainly the red-orange-yellow fabrics from the October library. My biggest challenge with the fabric was finding a background that matched the background in the border–I had to go to the regular EQ fabric library for that.
My biggest challenge with the quilt was using custom set. The project was originally done in EQ6 and it was my first attempt at custom set. Custom set in EQ7 is a big improvement!