Setting up the worktable
- Click Worktable > Work on Block
- Click Block > New Block > PatchDraw block.
- At the bottom of the worktable, click the Applique tab.
- Make sure the Precision Bar is turned on by clicking VIEW on the main menu, and making sure there’s a check next to Precision Bar.
- On the Precision Bar, beside Snapping Options, make sure buttons 1 and 3 are turned OFF and that buttons 2, 4 and 5 are turned ON.
- Click the Customize Toolbar button.
- Click Add/Remove Buttons
- Click Brush Stroke if it is unchecked. Click away from the list to close the pop-up menu.
Drawing the stem
The Brush Stroke tool has many style options, so experimenting will help you understand this tool. The style with two pointed ends is good for leaves.
- Click the Brush Stroke tool.
- Drag the mouse on your block. A line draws as you drag. Releasing the mouse creates two parallel lines on either side of your “spine” line, to form a stem.
- Click More Drawing Board Options
- The stem shape is determined by the Stroke Style.
- The stem end is determined by the Stroke End.
- The stem width is determined by the Boldness.
- On a stem style that tapers, Minimum Width controls the taper.
- To move or resize your stem, it must first be selected. Click the Pick tool, then click the stem. Drag the stem from the center to move it, or from a side or corner node to resize it.
- To edit the shape of the stem, click the Shape
tool, click the stem, and drag from a node.
If you have questions about this, or anything else, please contact tech support and we will be happy to help!