The Auto Borders Tool
The Set Auto Borders tool allows you to choose predesigned border styles to use in your quilts. There are 13 styles in the Auto Borders palette for you to choose from.
You may not see the Set Auto Borders
tool. If not, here is how to get it:
1. Click the Customize Toolbar tool in the bottom, right hand corner of your screen.
2. Click Add/Remove Buttons…
3. Choose Set Auto Borders from the list.
To Set Auto Borders on a Quilt:
2. Select the style of border from the drop-down list.
3. Click on a border in the palette.
4. Click on the border on your quilt.
5. Click the Borders tab to adjust the size of the border.
Here are a few examples. Click on each one for a larger view.
Each time you click to “try on” an auto border, it is as if you’ve added the blocks to your project and set them into the border yourself. In other words, blocks get added to your Project Sketchbook automatically when using the Auto Borders tool. You can always delete blocks that are unused. To delete multiple blocks at once, use the Sketchbook section of the Block Library dialog.
The Set Auto Borders tool is available on Layer 1 of any type of quilt.