Here’s a way to simulate yo-yo’s visually in EQ6:
1. WORKTABLE > Work on Block.
2. BLOCK > New Block > EasyDraw Block.
3. Snap to Grid and Snap to Node ON.
4. Draw this:
5. Add it to the Sketchbook.
6. WORKTABLE > Work on Quilt.
7. Set Block tool. Set the block in the space you want.
8. If you want it in a border, try setting it to Tile Squares and increase the number of blocks in the border until you get the yo-yo diameter:
9. If the number doesn’t go as high as you need it to, go to QUILT > Options and change this number:
10. Then right-click on the quilt on layer 1 and uncheck the outline options to see what the finished quilt would look like:
Use your normal method of construction for the yo-yo’s.
This technique is purely for a visual idea of what your yo-yo’s will look like.