This forum is read-only. If you need help with your EQ product, please visit our support site or contact us.

The Loop from Hell -- ERROR CODE 1309

Post any questions here on how to get EQStitch installed and activated, or deactivated from a computer.

The Loop from Hell -- ERROR CODE 1309

Postby MsBeachLizard » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:41 pm

Hi.......

Pretty doggone frustrated over here tonight... :x :!:

I have EQ7 and EQStitch -- both of which were installed prior to this "issue" without ANY difficulty. However, I thought I had a problem with my computer and deactivated my EQ Software before uninstalling so I wouldn't have a problem if I needed to re-do my computer. Well... I didn't have a problem with my computer and re-installed my EQ Software. But now I have a problem with my EQ Software.

When I re-installed EQ7, it installed properly along with the build upgrade 2. I then installed EQStitch and it went well -- so did the build upgrade 3. Or so it seemed. The InstallShield Wizard installed up to the point of the Error Code -- which says:

"Error 1309. Error reading from file:
E:\Windows\winsxs\ulCRTx86\msvcr90.dll. Verify that
the file exists and that you can access it."

[[[[[[[ OK ]]]]]]] [[[[[[[ CANCEL ]]]]]]]

I hit "OK"... And it is frozen there.
I hit "Cancel" and it asks me if I am sure I want to cancel.
I hit "NO" and I get the Error Code 1309 again.
I hit "Cancel" and then (am I sure I want to cancel?), "Yes" I want to cancel and it tells me the InstallShield Wizard is complete.
I hit "Finish" to exit the wizard and I get nothing. It disappears.
When I click on the EQStitch Icon on my desktop, it goes into the Windows configuration mode for EQStitch. Then the Error Code 1309 pops up again.
I cancel out, I get an EQ7 message that says "Failed to create empty document."
I cancel out of that message and I get the "TIP OF THE DAY"...
When I close that, it all just goes away....

I have been to the EQ Support Error Code page.
I have uninstalled and re-installed ad nauseum -- even tho your instructions are for Windows 7 and above.
I am running Windows Vista Home Premium. Before now, Windows Vista was NOT an issue. I can't see that it would be an issue now. BUT... I'm not a computer geek. :geek: I know only enough to be dangerous... :ugeek: Oh! Almost forgot........
I have rebooted my computer several times as well (after each uninstall and re-install...)

BUT!!! What I truly do NOT understand is WHY I'm getting an Error Code 1309 when I don't even have Windows 7 or Windows 8!?!?!? The way that page is written makes it sound like it's a problem almost exclusively for those two operating systems. I am not on either of those OS's. Sooooo why the error code.....???

Sorry for the excessive detail in steps but I'm hoping that helps alleviate any back and forth over what I have or have not done.

I'm in the loop from hell... And what's nearly worse than that, I cannot do my EQU classes without my EQ! And we can't have that!!! :?

ANYway...... PUHLEESE HELP ME! I'M GOING MAD OVER HERE.... :? :?: :!:

Thank you.

(Just my luck! Another error message when trying to submit my plea for help! "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again." ----> Are you kidding me???)
---------------------------------------++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------------------------------------------------
UPDATE:

Out of absolute stubbornness or from the depths of sheer madness, I uninstalled and re-installed EQ7 & EQStitch. For the bazillionth time... Both were successful installs without the error code... Yay me!

BUT (and we know everybody has one of those...)

....neither included the latest build; i.e., EQ7 remained Build 1; and then I installed EQStitch and it remains Build 1... Also, neither EQ7 nor EQStitch "asked" to include the upgrade to the latest build.

So now the question seems to be --- Is there an issue with Builds 2 & 3??? I'm afraid to install those because I might lose the functionality of my EQ Software again.....

Now what....?
MsBeachLizard

Re: The Loop from Hell -- ERROR CODE 1309

Postby Yvonne Menear » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:21 am

Remove everything from the computer. Now install EQStitch only. You do not install EQ7 as it is all ready a part of EQStitch. You will need your EQ7 activation code when you install EQStitch. Once installed, make sure they are up to date. That should take care of the error codes you are getting

Yvonne Menear
Yvonne Menear

Postby MsBeachLizard » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:55 am

Yvonne Menear wrote:Remove everything from the computer. Now install EQStitch only. You do not install EQ7 as it is all ready a part of EQStitch. You will need your EQ7 activation code when you install EQStitch. Once installed, make sure they are up to date. That should take care of the error codes you are getting

Yvonne Menear

Thank you Miss Yvonne! Much appreciated.

I was under the understanding that EQStitch was just a "plug-in" for EQ7 (probably because it says so on the box) -- which when translated means the plug-in (EQStitch) would definitely require the base software (which, in this case is EQ7) in order to operate. Because it is an "addition" and/or "enhancement" to the main software vice an "upgrade" to the software. :ugeek:

Also, both have their own License ID & Passcode and I have used each as requested during each installation.

I'm almost afraid to uninstall and re-install but I will. ;) If you hear me screaming again, well.... I'll be back. Otherwise, no news is good news (thank you very much).

Looking forward to getting back to class and seeing you there. :D

MsBeachLizard (aka Celia) 8-)
MsBeachLizard

Postby Yvonne Menear » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:04 pm

You are very welcome. Be sure to let me know if you are still having problems.

Yvonne
Yvonne Menear

Return to Installing and Activating EQStitch