This forum is read-only. If you need help with your EQ product, please visit our support site or contact us.

Swath tool

Having trouble drawing a block, motif, or stencil? Post all your block designing questions here.

Swath tool

Postby Threadbear » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:46 pm

I have seen the YouTube video on creating flying geese with the swath tool, but I cannot locate the swath tool. I am a new user. I have looked for additional buttons to add, but I don't find this button.

Also, I can add a four piece horizontal flying geese from the library, but I would like to have 6 or eight geese. How can I change this?
Threadbear

Re: Swath tool

Postby MatthewEQ » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:28 pm

The Swath tool is not on the toolbar by default. You'll have to manually add it to your toolbar.
http://support.electricquilt.com/articl ... ore-tools/

1. On the Block Worktable, be sure you're working on a PatchDraw block. (Block > New Block > PatchDraw Block or Motif)
2. Click the Applique tab at the bottom of the screen.
3. On the left toolbar, click on the bottom-most button. It has a left-pointing black triangle.
4. A menu will display. Choose Add/Remove Buttons.
5. Select the Swatch tool, then click somewhere outside of that window.
6. Click the button on the toolbar to use it.

If you need help using it, click on Help > Contents. Then search for Swath.

For the Flying Geese, we have a whole library of options. Go to Libraries > Block Library. In the list on the left, scroll down to 03 Foundation Pieced. Click to open that library. Under there you'll see a category called Flying Geese. There are some that have the 6 or 8 geese option.

If you need additional styles that you don't see in the library, you can always edit any of the library blocks, or draw your own.

For more help, please contact our tech support team directly. http://support.electricquilt.com/contact-us/
MatthewEQ
Site Admin

Return to Block Design