August’s Fabric of the Month is here! Banyan Batiks’ Island Vibes II collection, from guest designer Linda J. Hahn, plays with combinations of bright and soft pastels for the contrast of day and night in the islands. You’ll want to fussy cut those adorable sea turtles and use the colorful stripes for sashing and binding to finish off your tropical themed designs!
A bundle of these fabrics will be given away to two lucky winners! Submit your EQ design featuring Island Vibes II below…all instructions and contest details are in this post. Good luck!
In order to enter for the giveaway you must submit a quilt using the current Fabric of the Month AND comment on at least one other person’s quilt you like by the end of the month. If you’re the first person to submit a quilt, make sure to come back and comment on someone else’s quilt before the contest ends. Instructions for how to submit an image are at the bottom of this post. Download this month’s Fabric of the Month: Island Vibes II by Linda J. Hahn for Banyan Batiks.
- Your EQ Quilt must be your original design and only use fabrics from this month’s Fabric of the Month.
- One quilt submission per person. (If a second entry is submitted within 24 hours of the original entry, we will accept the more recent entry. For example, if you submit an incomplete quilt, or the wrong quilt from your sketchbook, you can correct it and submit again within 24 hours.)
- Participants must use EQ8, EQ7, or EQStitch to design their original quilt.
- Your quilt design and your comment on someone else’s quilt must be submitted by 11:59pm ET on last day of month.
Two lucky winners will receive a fat-quarter bundle of the Island Vibes II fabrics!!! One winner will be selected by Linda J. Hahn, while the other will be chosen randomly. Good luck to all participants, we can’t wait to see your entries!
Note: Entries are welcomed from all. Prize will only be shipped to U.S. and Canada.
How to submit an image of your quilt design from EQ8:
- On the Quilt Worktable, click the PRINT & EXPORT tab.
- Click Export in the ribbon.
- In the palette on the left, click Image.
- Type a name for your image, choose PNG or JPG as the file type and click the Save button. (Make sure you know where you’re saving the image on your computer. We recommend saving to your My EQ8 > Images folder.)
- We recommend setting the Resolution setting to 150. Quilt and patch lines are optional.
- In the comment form below, tell us a little bit about your design. Then click Browse to include the image of your quilt.
- Select your quilt, then click Submit Comment.