Have you heard about EQ Artist, Amy Friend’s new fabric line, By Hand?!
Here’s a peek:
EQ Design Challenge & Giveaway
How fun is this?! Design a quilt using Amy’s new fabrics, then WIN THE FABRIC TO MAKE IT! Here are the details:
Design a quilt in EQ using the By Hand fabrics and submit an image of it by Nov. 30, 2018. (Instructions for how to submit an image are at the end of this post.)
- Your EQ quilt must use fabrics from Amy’s By Hand collection. (Up to 2 other solid colors may be used if desired.)
- Your quilt design may not exceed 90” on any side.
- One entry per person. (If a second entry is submitted within 24 hours of the original entry, we will accept the more recent entry. For example, if you submit an incomplete quilt, or the wrong quilt from your sketchbook, you can correct it and submit again within 24 hours.)
- Participants must use EQ8, EQ7, EQStitch or EQ Mini.
Three winners will be chosen!
- Overall Winner will receive all the Benartex fabric needed to make his/her quilt top plus one copy of each of the EQ8 books!
- Amy’s Honorable Mention will receive all the fabric needed to make his/her quilt top!
- EQ’s Honorable Mention will receive all the fabric needed to make his/her quilt top!
Winners will be announced on the blog during the first week of December. EQ will contact the winners via email and request their EQ project files to determine the yardage requirements for making their quilts. Winners must also provide their mailing address for fabric shipment. Submissions are welcomed from all, however, due to shipping costs, prizes will only be shipped to US and Canada residents.
Good luck to all participants! We can’t wait to see your EQ designs!
How to submit an image of your quilt design from EQ8:
- On the Quilt Worktable, click the PRINT & EXPORT tab.
- Click Export in the ribbon.
- In the palette on the left, click Image.
- Type a name for your image, choose PNG or JPG as the file type and click the Save button. (Make sure you know where you’re saving the image on your computer. We recommend saving to your My EQ8 > Images folder.)
- We recommend setting the Resolution setting to 150. Quilt and patch lines are optional.
- In the comment form below, tell us a little bit about your design and then click Browse to include the image of your quilt.
- Select your quilt, then click Submit Comment.