Although EQStitch was designed for the beginner level using auto digitizing, it can indeed create some pretty amazing works of art with just the simplest tools.
1. Launch your EQStitch program
3. Click on STITCHING>New Design>Embroidery
In the pop up menu box, click on the words ‘add/remove buttons’
Place a check mark in front of all the tools by clicking on them.
In the drawing board options box under the ‘stitch’ heading, set the embroidery edge stitches to ‘no stitch’ and the embroidery fill setting to a ‘smooth’ fill stitch.
Be sure to click on the ‘OK’ at the bottom of the box to set the drawing properties.
7. On the stroke properties bar at the top of the screen, click on the down arrow next to contour and end cap to select the style of stroke you want to create.
8. Move the cursor over to the drawing board and click/hold/drag/release to create a few squiggle lines on one side of the worktable only.
9. Click on EDIT>Select All
This selects all the lines you drew and groups them as one object.
A second copy of the design will appear on the worktable.
13. Click on EDIT>Select All
The entire object will now be centered on the worktable.
14. Click on the ‘stitch tab’ at the bottom of the screen. The design is filled automatically with the smooth stitches and no outline that we set as the properties in the drawing board options box.
Click on any color to select it. Move the cursor over to the stitch design and click once to set the new colors.
16. Click on STITCHING>Export Stitching File
Name your file and select your file extension for your own embroidery machine.