[This challenge has ended. See who won here.]
This block design challenge is open to everyone! All you have to do is color a block using fabrics from Timeless Treasure’s new Charleston collection by Revive and submit it by Monday, July 27th!
No sewing required! No software required!
1. Choose a block (or design your own) and color it with Charleston fabric(s). You may do this using any method you’d like: draw and color it on graph paper, design it using software, choose a block from EQ7, etc. You may use as many Charleston fabrics as you’d like and may also add 1 solid color. (A minimum of 1 Charleston fabric is required. You may not use fabric from any other collection. Winning block is not chosen by quantity of fabrics used.)
2. Submit an image/photo of your block using the Link Up feature at the bottom of this blog post by the deadline.
3. One entry per person.
If you’d like to use EQ7 for this challenge, draw or select a block in EQ7 and color it with Charleston fabrics using the free download below. You may also use 1 solid color if you’d like. Export a JPEG of your block and submit it using the Link Up feature at the bottom of this blog post.
Submitting Your Block
You may submit a photo or image of your block whenever you’d like using the Link Up at the bottom of this blog post.
Deadline: The challenge will close Monday, July 27th at 9am EDT.
Winners will be announced Wednesday, July 29th.
Here’s how to create an image of your block if you are using EQ7:
(If you are not using EQ7 and need help submitting, simply take photo of your design and upload it.)
- With your block design on the Block Worktable, click FILE > Export Image.
- In the Export Image box, next to Save in, navigate to the folder where you’d like to save the image. Next to File Name, type a name for your file. For Save as type, choose JPEG files.
- In the Export Image File of Block box, input these settings:
Dimensions: type in the width and height you used to design the block
Resolution: 150 dots per inch
Outline patches and Outline blocks is optional.
JPEG Quality: 100
- Click OK.
And to the winner goes:
- A fat quarter bundle of Charleston fabrics!
- $75 merchandise credit for anything at ElectricQuilt.com! (Excludes online classes at EQ University.)
Start designing now. Two weeks will go by fast!
You may submit your block any time! Feel free to comment below if you have any questions.