Use this tool to display a menu of printing options.
To print any of the following you must first be on the correct worktable, then click the Print button to view the menu:
Quilt image = Quilt worktable
Fabric yardage = Quilt worktable
Block image or pattern = Block worktable
Multiple photos on one page = Any worktable
Photo that’ set on a quilt = Quilt worktable
To print a block pattern, or any other set on the quilt (Quilt worktable):
1. Click the Select tool.
2. Click the Layer the item has been set on.
3. Click the block, text, photo embroidery, or stencil to select it.
4. Click the Print button to display the menu.
5. Click to choose the type of pattern you want to print.
Printing from the Quilt worktable gives you the option to Use size from quilt. This is very beneficial when you are printing a block pattern specific to the quilt you are going to make. Whatever size your layout is set at, is the size the designs will print if you choose this option.
Printing from the Block worktable lets you print your block at any size you want. The default size for blocks printed from the Block worktable is 6.00 inches. Stitching designs can only be printed from the Stitching worktable and should only be printed in the size they were designed.
NOTE: Not every printing option is available for every block. If you choose a block that is not ideal for foundation piecing or rotary cutting, those printing options will not be available. The template option is never disabled for blocks.
• If you’d like a reminder of this and other tools in EQ7, check out the Display Dynamic Help tool.
• To print this: Click the title (Tool Tip Tuesday! - The Print Tool) and then print as normal.