Have you heard about EQ Artist, Christa Watson’s new fabric line, Fandangle?! It’s so cute and perfect for all kinds of projects!
Christa says: “Fandangle is a fun – but real – word that means embellishment or ornamentation. It’s my tongue-in-cheek nod to the fact that I don’t actually embellish my quilts with buttons, baubles, or beads, but I DO like to bling them up with fabric and thread. ”
Here’s a peek at the fabrics:
EQ Design Challenge featuring Fandangle fabrics by Christa Watson
We thought an EQ design challenge would be a fun way to play with these new fabrics and Benartex was nice enough to supply FREE FABRIC for the winners! Here are the details:
To enter, submit a picture of your EQ quilt design below using the Fandangle fabrics by August 31, 2018.
- Your EQ quilt must use fabrics from Christa’s Fandangle collection. (Up to 2 other solid colors may be used if desired.)
- Your quilt design may not exceed 90” on any side.
- One entry per person. (If a duplicate entry is made within 24 hours, we will accept the more recent entry.)
- Participants must use EQ8, EQ7, EQStitch or EQ Mini.
- Submissions are welcome from all, however, due to shipping costs, prizes will only be mailed to US and Canada residents. This was a joint decision by EQ and Benartex.
- Overall Winner will receive all the fabric needed to make his/her quilt top plus one copy of each of the EQ8 books!
- Christa’s Honorable Mention will receive all the fabric needed to make his/her quilt top!
- EQ’s Honorable Mention will receive all the fabric needed to make his/her quilt top!
Winners will be announced during the week of September 2nd on this blog post. EQ will contact the winners via email and request their EQ project files to determine the yardage requirements for making their quilts. Winners must also provide their mailing address for fabric shipment.
Good luck to all participants! We can’t wait to see your EQ designs!
How to submit an image of your quilt design
- On the Quilt Worktable, click the PRINT & EXPORT tab.
- Click Export in the ribbon.
- In the palette on the left, click Image.
- Type a name for your image, choose PNG or JPG as the file type and click the Save button. (Make sure you know where you’re saving the image on your computer. We recommend saving to your My EQ8 > Images folder.)
- We recommend setting the Resolution setting to 150. Quilt and patch lines are optional.
- In the comment form below, tell us a little bit about your design and then click Browse to include the image of your quilt.
- Select your quilt, then click Submit Comment.