We’re partnering with Timeless Treasures Fabrics to bring you a fun challenge featuring their Tonga Cabana by Daniela Stout collection! This block design challenge is open to all EQ7 users.
How to Get Started
Visit the Free Fabrics of the Month page and download the new Tonga Cabana by Daniela Stout collection. You can find instructions on that page about how to link the the Fabric Library to your EQ7.
- You must design your block using Electric Quilt 7 (EQ7) design software.
- The block design must be colored with Tonga Cabana fabrics (you may add ONE solid color/fabric to the design).
- The block design can be pieced, appliqué, or both!
- Block must be at least 6” x 6”. Block designs do not need to be square.
- The block design can be an original drawing, or a block from the Block Library that you’ve colored your own way using the Tonga Cabana fabrics.
- No sewing required. The “virtual” EQ7 block design is all that’s needed to enter.
- One entry per person
On Thursday, July 31st there will be a blog post where you can link up an image of your block design. The link up will be open until Monday, August 4 at 9am EST. Winner will be announced Wednesday, August 6.
To create an image of your block design for the link up:
- With your block design on the Block Worktable, click FILE > Export Image.
- In the Export Image box, next to Save in, navigate to the folder where you’d like to save the image. Next to File Name, type a name for your file. For Save as type, choose JPEG files.
- In the Export Image File of Block box, input these settings:
Dimensions: type in the width and height you used to design the block
Resolution: 150 dots per inch
UNcheck Outline patches and Outline blocks
JPEG Quality: 100
- Click OK.
One Grand Prize Winner will be chosen at random from all the entries
One Grand Prize winner will receive:
A full set of Cabana by Daniela Stout Tonga Treats (10″ Squares, 5″ Squares, 2.5″ strips, 6″ strips, and FQ’s)
An EQ with Me book of the winner’s choice
And an EQ Stash Online download of their choice
Download the new Tonga Cabana fabrics and start designing!